Today, dear readers, is my 31st birthday. I’m celebrating in Oregon with my wonderful best friend Jenn and her fantastic family (I love alliteration, deal with it).
Last August when Jenn turned 30, she created her own reverse bucket list, where she talked about 30 Awesome Things she’d already accomplished in her life. I turned 30 before her, so I figured I’d just go ahead and steal the idea this year.
So here are my 31 Amazing Things that I’ve already done:
1. Run a 5K
With my wonderful friend Amy, post 5K.
2. Buy a house
3. Meet a monkey
Best. Day. Ever.
4. Attend a film festival
My favorite weekend of the entire year. Every year.
5. Buy a celebrity a drink
Do you guys remember that time we met Rob Riggle?
6. Graduate college
7. Make an entire Christmas dinner
8. Go to Hawaii & snorkel in the ocean
9. Visit Yosemite (pic)
Tunnel View is just everything.
10. Take mom and sister on a trip (pic)
So much seafood in Savannah and Charleston.
11. Accidentally dye my hair red/orange
12. Be maid of honor at best friend’s wedding
So much dancing.
13. Go on a cruise with friends
On the high seas! Ok, we were back on the river by this time.
14. Eat beignets in New Orleans
Hey Cafe DuMonde
15. See a show on Broadway
16. Go to Lollapalooza by myself
Three hot days.
17. Get my face rocked off my Muse. More than once.
18. Paint something beautiful
Well, I think it’s beautiful.
19. Wear a feather boa for my 21st birthday
20. Deliver flowers at a hospital
21. Eat lobster in Maine
22. Go apple and blueberry picking
23. Spend a week every summer with my family in a cabin growing up
24. Play blackjack in a casino
25. Take part in a protest
26. See Mitch Hedberg live and meet Jim Gaffigan
27. Watch them dye the river green in Chicago for St. Patty’s
The only person there not wearing green. Pitiful.
28. Survive the death of a parent
29. Participate in ZooQuest
30. Sit in the Champions Club at Cardinals game
31. Go white water rafting
I loved getting to take the time to look back and think of all the great things life has brought my way. There were even ideas I had that didn’t make the list! Here’s to creating even more amazing things.